*NEW SITE*

***In case anyone missed it we have moved to a new location. Some of you may still be finding yourselves here through one old link or another. If you do, head on over to www.thewanderingalchemist.com and see what our new site looks like!***

Monday, February 29, 2016

Another Month of Improvement, Continued Thanks, and What's Coming This Week

Happy Monday everyone, hope you are all spending the extra day this year doing something productive.  Or gaming, that works too.  Today I want to talk about the state of Notes of a Wandering Alchemist.  In short, things are amazing.  The blog continues to grow in page hit numbers, exceeding my hopes.  Untamed Dice has begun to do the same.  Last week we doubled the number of episode hits we had in total.  For all of that thank you readers and listeners!

As you may know, I have plugged it a couple times, we have a Patreon account.  This weekend we have gotten our first two patrons and I would like to thank you especially for helping to support this effort.  With the help of these folks, we are halfway to our first goal: uninterrupted access to all of the Untamed Dice episodes (SoundCloud monthly charge being covered).  My goal is to hit or exceed that small amount by the end of March.  This means that all I need from you guys is $6 monthly pledged to the Wandering Alchemist.  To get that only 7 of you (Patreon gets a small cut) to support us with just $1 each month.  In return I will give you a shout out here and at the end of each episode of Untamed Dice.

Not only that but you will be able to listen to a special patrons only podcast where we talk about whats going on, our character and world design, and what we're hoping to play.  You'll probably also hear stories from some of our other current and past campaigns.  Right now, the Patreon page says you need $5/month to get that.  But I think that's too much.  It was set to be incentive, but I want to reward anyone who will help us with a little more than a shout out.

So, by the end of the week that is likely to go down to any donation of $1 or more!  In the future I will be adding physical gifts for larger support in the form of stickers, magnets, and hopefully even more.  Until then, if you are enjoying the blog or the podcast please help support the work we're doing.

If you can't do that there is plenty more you can do to help out.  Need some 5th Edition material?  I have some pay what you want and cheap supplements on the DM's Guild; check one out and give me a review!  Want to buy something else off of the DM's Guild or DriveThru RPG?  Use the link to the right and we will get a tiny cut.  Or, if you want, you could throw us a review up on iTunes for Untamed Dice.

And if all of that sounds like too much work just tell a friend about the blog or the podcast and follow the Wandering Alchemist on twitter.


If you have continued to read through all of that, thanks for your time!  This week I have some fun stuff for you.  Tomorrow will be another e-skinning article.  This time I want to address what some of you have already pointed out.  There are ways to take even more into account and customize re-skinned creatures.  I will be addressing the art of tweaking powers with new effects instead of new key words, as well as the idea of adjusting CR for a re-skin.  Wednesday I have more gods from Atlazan for you all and Thursday I have more internet resources for you DMs and GMs.  The last internet resource page is the most looked at on the blog so far, and I have more!  Finally, Friday will see the third episode of Brave New Worlds and the end of our first session.  I have more surprises awaiting, but I cannot yet reveal those.  You'll just have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment