*NEW SITE*

***In case anyone missed it we have moved to a new location. Some of you may still be finding yourselves here through one old link or another. If you do, head on over to www.thewanderingalchemist.com and see what our new site looks like!***

Monday, February 15, 2016

Plant Dragons, Untamed Dice, And Chaugnar Faugn

Happy Monday all!  A number of things have happened in the past few days.  First of all, Brave New Worlds has been renamed (with some Twitter input) to Untamed Dice.  Originally the account and podcast were made with the intention of our Savage Worlds game.  This campaign was made for the podcast and is, as you know, called Brave New Worlds because of the multiverse aspect to it.  With the test sessions I realized we should put them up (and did obviously) and quickly changed to the idea of also including a variety of games that don't get podcasts themselves (at least not like D&D and Pathfinder for example).  So, before the main game starts we came up with some ideas, polled twitter, and now we have Untamed Dice!  All these changes also lead us up to the official start to Brave New Worlds this Friday.  I am also keeping playlists up here at the blog AND I have finally submitted the podcast to iTunes for review.  The link will show up here when that goes through, and we plan on adding it to other podcast apps.

You may have also noticed some picture changes.  The profile pic for all things Wandering Alchemist is now the visage of Chaugnar Faugn, provided by my friend Zackery Keys.  He's working on some other stuff and finishing up the full logo, but for now we can have the eldritch horror's face.  If you check out the SoundCloud playlists you'll notice a bit of an expansion where two of the monsters arms hold dice set at 1 and 20, of course.  I also went for the more generic dice splash background.

The last big event from this weekend, was the release of my Paths to Power supplement on the DM's Guild.  This features four new otherworldly patrons for warlocks, a new pact boon, and a few invocations.  Do me a favor and check it out if you have the dollar, and please send me some feedback.  If you don't have the dollar hit up my other supplements (both paladin oaths) and leave me feedback on those.  Feedback will really help me improve what I am doing and how I attack my current and future projects.

Finally, some preview of this week.  I am going to continue cleaning up the site and adding pages for future homebrew and podcast playlists.  Tomorrow is another re-skin, this time a little more abstract but hopefully still very simple: plant dragons.  Wednesday I will have two re-skin pages up, one for the chimera and one for the dragons.  These will, initially, have some flavor text like that provided at the end of the chimera article.  One of these for each individual creature to expand upon the articles themselves.  Eventually I may create ready-to-use stat blocks to reflect the re-skins.  Thursday I have a few interesting authors to inspire you.

Thanks everyone for keeping up, the page hits keep growing, and I cannot wait to share Brave New Worlds with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment