*NEW SITE*

***In case anyone missed it we have moved to a new location. Some of you may still be finding yourselves here through one old link or another. If you do, head on over to www.thewanderingalchemist.com and see what our new site looks like!***

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

We're Back! Not Quite A Dinosaur's Tale...

Hey everyone! It has been a while since I have been able and looking forward to sitting down and catching up here, but here we are! I won't badger on about why there hasn't been posts or what I have been trying to work on, or anything like that. You can find that information from September's post if you haven't read it already. What I do want to do is catch up, share where we are right now.

On the first everyone got to read Chapter 2 of Cracks of the Rift AND our first episode of the reworked D&Donuts, now named Untamed Rant, came out for Patrons. In it we discussed resurrection. This included going over many of D&D's incarnations and how the resurrection spell(s) and reincarnation spell worked. What have the limits been and what have been the results? From there we talked in general about what is important in resurrection and, of course, character death. Some experiences with it, in and out of D&D, were shared as well. If you are interested, but don't want to become a patron yet, do not worry because on the 15th we will have that episode for everyone here on the blog. In its entirety!

These are two projects we are excited to be working on and cannot wait to continue sharing them with you. The schedule for those will keep as it is with each of them coming out 2 weeks early for Patrons and on an alternating schedule. On the first patrons will get the Rant and the last Chapter of Cracks of the Rift will come to the blog. On the 15th patrons will get the newest chapter and the previous Rant will show up here.

I am also happy to say there is another project I want people to start being keeping an eye out for. It probably will not be hosted here but I will definitely be sharing it as we do. The initial project will be a bit of experiment and testing the waters for what people may want. The project itself is for short, relatively easy to manage encounters of some sort. These will often include a combat with special mechanics or interesting twists. They will be designed agnostic to systems and, hopefully, written in such a way that it would be easy to use in whatever system you want, as well as fitting in as a bit of a side trek or random encounter during adventures. That is about all I can share now, but you will see more soon!

I have two fairly regular games going right now and more coming. One takes place in Atlazan and has been going on for a year now, though it has been only about 12 sessions so far. It is ramping up with a bit of regularity and I am getting a great grasp on where I want it to go. I may begin sharing that story here, in a recap form if folks are interested. I also have a game based in Luxarrah which is going well and becoming a regular campaign as well. This one we're recording for you guys to listen to on Untamed Dice as we get back into a regular release of that!

Other than these things, I am taking a horror lit class and a creative writing class and both of these are really helping me to get back into the creative process. I have also been picking up some random resources to share with you, and have many links for resources to. My eye are on some kickstarters and some other things coming out, which I will try to share soon. Finally there are some kickstarters I am finally looking forward to get my hands on, such as Kult. As soon as I get them I will be sharing that with you too.

So, everyone, things are good. Games are good. There is stuff on the way and we can't wait to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment