*NEW SITE*

***In case anyone missed it we have moved to a new location. Some of you may still be finding yourselves here through one old link or another. If you do, head on over to www.thewanderingalchemist.com and see what our new site looks like!***

Monday, May 9, 2016

Re-Skinning Spells, Catching Monsters, & The Future!

Happy end of Monday everyone!  If you are reading this than you have made it through one of the hardest days of the week: Dread Mohn'dai which bends time around it making preceding days disappear and which seems to drag on into a sprawling abyss which lacks sufficient coffee.  But not to worry, it is over again.  For now.  This week I have some good stuff for you in terms of news.

First off, tomorrow we will be getting back to Re-skinning with an article about skinning spells.  How to do it, ways to do it, and using it to flavor your characters (be they NPC or PC).  There will be more to that topic in two weeks when I go over some of the pitfalls of wanting to go too crazy with it and when it might just be best to take what is given in the books.  Wednesday is still a bit up in the air, but there will be something.  I always do something.

Thursday I am unsure what I will be adding for resources.  I have wanted to do another day of rule books, but I also wouldn't mind getting some reference books up again.  Then, of course, there are more resources I have been introduced to in the past couple days.  As a result I have an even bigger list to continue presenting, but don't know where we will end up this week.  You'll just have to wait and see.

Other good news.  We recorded some Brave New Worlds this past Friday so alternations between Brave New Worlds will go as planned!  That also gives us a couple weeks to get another session going and more scheduling worked out.  That of course also gives us the time we need to finish up Star Wars and move on to another one-shot.  This time, as you know, you the people (specifically those on twitter) voted on what to do first.  With most of the votes going to Monster of the Week, I am excited to say that one will be first.  I am also excited to say that I will not be DMing that one, thus giving me more time to do some of the other stuff I am working on.

What is that you ask?  Well, just what I have been talking about for a few weeks now.  Revamping our Patreon page so that I can better share my goals and hopes for all of this with you.  Better rewards to thank you for contributions and a description of what I want to do with the blog and podcast rather than what we are already doing.  Additionally, I want to get some of the DMs Guild pieces I have been working on finalized to go up (finally).  And finally, we have a timeline on some art for the Wandering Alchemist.  My friend is working on advancing the chaugnar faugn pic so we can finalize a design and get that finished product.  After that we hope to get a couple other pieces done, specifically for Untamed Dice / Brave New Worlds and for D&Donuts.

That's all for now, thanks for reading of Notes of a Wandering Alchemist!  Catch you tomorrow for some spell ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment